- 200g Butter
- 3 Cups Plain Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 /2 Cup Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- Juice of 3 Limes
- Rind of 1 Lime
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Cream
- 1/4 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 100g Cream Cheese
- 200g Butter
- 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
- 2 Tbs Coconut Cream
- Shredded Coconut
I love the combination of coconut and lime whether it comes from wonderful curries or to devine desserts. For those of you who are not cake lovers you need to try this and you will be instantly converted.
WOODEN SPOON RATING:
NOW FOR THE RECIPE:
Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
1. Beat together the butter and sugar until it becomes pale in colour (and the sugar has dissolved). This normally takes around 5 mins
2. Beat one egg in well before adding the next one
3. Add the lime, coconut, coconut cream and rind and beat to combine
4. Add the flour in thirds, mixing well between
5. Once combined pour mixture in a deep 20cm round pan
6. Cook for 40-50mins
7. Once cool, slice the cake in half using a serrated knife
The Cream Cheese Icing:
8. Beat all ingredients together until light and fluffy (a good 5- 10 mins)
Putting it Together:
9. Spread the pulp of the passion fruit over one half of the cake.
10. Then place some of icing on top of the passion fruit
11. Place the other half of cake on top of this.
12. Spread the icing over the top and sides of the cake using a palate knife
A large slice of course
A tropical cake with a fabulous cream cheese icing!
This months Blog hop is hosted Dining with a Stud. Check out her lastest post- Coconut and Mango Sago