- ---Smoking Mixture---
- 1 tbs Black Tea Leaves
- 1 tbs Herbal Tea Leaves
- 2 tbs dried Orange Peel
- 4 tbs Jasmine Rice
- 2 tbs Brown Sugar
- ---Cider Vinaigrette---
- 2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbp Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 clove of Garlic
To celebrate Lyndey Milan’s new DVD- A taste of Ireland, we were invited to taste Ireland on a plate showcased more than just potatoes and cabbage (I dare you to say without an Irish accent).
As many friends would know, I’m not the biggest seafood eater- I happily will try however would not go out of my way to order seafood off a menu. I was totally surprised how good the tea smoked salmon tasted I wanted to share with you Lyndey Milan’s recipe. The magic was in the salmon- rather than going for the Atlantic salmon, pick the King Salmon which has is more delicate in flavor (and of course a brilliant recipe).
The tea smoked salmon only takes minutes to prepare and is super healthy which gives you a gourmet weeknight dinner.
Lyndey Preparing her Irish Feast for us.
WOODEN SPOON RATING:
NOW FOR THE RECIPE:
I would recommend using a BBQ as it can get quite ‘Smokey’
1. Line a wok with 2 pieces of foil and place the smoking mixture on top
2. Place the wok or deep pan (with a lid) over high heat
3. Once the mixture starts smoking (2-4 mins), place the rack and salmon on top. Cover with a lid
4. Turn the heat to low and smoke for 6 minutes.
5. Meanwhile place cider vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine
Drizzle the watercress with the vinaigrette and serve with the Salmon
A healthy midweek meal that looks fancy pants without the trouble!
– Open the lid outside otherwise your fire alarms may give you a cracking headache!
– If you use a cast iron pan (like mwa), turn the heat off once the salmon goes in.
It was a fun night watching Lyndey cook for us (and even sing!) and tasting her fabulous Irish creations. Episode 8 in ‘Lydney Milan’s Taste of Ireland’ features Lyndey cooking the tea smoked Salmon (and oysters) for friends. I would highly recommend the Guinness Creme Brulee- it was amazing!
Thanks to Lyndey Milan & Cessie (Flame Distributions) for inviting me along to a fantastic evening.
In true Irish spirit we drank from Waterford Crystal
Tea Smoked Salmon and Oysters
Seared Venison Loin with Liquorice sauce and Colcannon